Hello everyone! I’ve had a lot of great comments about the butter cookies that I’ve been making so I decided to uploaded it here (mostly for my own reference HAHA). I took this recipe from food.com (click to go straight to recipe or continue to read through this post)! I didn’t follow the whole recipe but it still tastes AMAZING! I have made at least 6 batches of these already so I kind of change it a little here and there.
Prep Time: 15-20mins
Cook Time: 20 mins (per tray of cookies)
Ingredients: (Makes 25-30 cookies depending on the size)
- 225g Butter
- ¾ cups of Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- 1½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 cups of plain flour (or wholemeal)
- Beat Butter, Sugar, Salt and Vanilla Extract together until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add in the egg yolk and beat together.
- Slowly add in the flour and you’ll find that after a while you can’t beat it properly. That is when you take it out of the bowl, lightly flour your work space and knead it a little until it all comes together.
- Roll your dough out until it is 0.5cm (+/-) thick and use cookie cutters and cut the shapes out.
- Line your baking tray with baking paper and place your cookies about 0.5cm apart (don’t worry they won’t spread/expand by a lot)
- Bake at 160ºC for 16-20 mins or until lightly browned